Saturday, September 15, 2012

Photokina Approaches!




Here’s a real example of “Street Photography.”  In fact, most of the composition is the street itself. There are no people of course but that’s not my fault. I didn’t tell them all to go away. If only there was a mime on one corner, a street musician on the other and an old lady walking her duck crossing the street in the background it would be perfect . The shot does contains one of my favorite subjects though. Anybody know what that little red flag is for?

I have been so busy lately there just hasn’t been much time to post anything so this is my attempt to remedy that situation. My lack of attention to this blog doesn’t mean I’ve abandoned photography though. I have been taking a few photos whenever I can and gobbling up each and every new press release and article from all the Giants of the photo world as Photokina gets closer and closer.

For those of you who don’t know, Photokina is probably the single biggest most eagerly awaited Photography event in the world. It occurs every two years and usually is when all the new cameras and equipment comes out. It is kind of like the annual “New Car Shows” for cameras except that it’s every other year. …and like the new car announcements, the press releases begin a few weeks before and the build us is designed to get everyone’s “juices” flowing and get them to Photokina.

This year Photokina is in Cologne, from September 18th through the 23rd. I won’t be going, of course. I’m still much too busy and only fly when absolutely necessary, but I will share the most interesting (to me anyway) announcements with you here. So stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment