Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pentax Auto 110 Works Fine!

Here’s a picture from the roll of expired Kodak 110 color film that was in the camera when I got it and guess what? It looks just like I remember 110 film photos looking. The color is not bad for expired film and the grain is definitely there. My main objection is the lack of sharpness. Still, it definitely has “that vintage look” and I can see how many people might like it.

The Pentax Auto 110 is supposed to be the very best 110 camera ever made. Now that I know it actually works I will try it with some new fresh film and see if the sharpness improves. I know the color will improve with better film and it’s a really cool little camera. I think I can live with the grain if I can just get a little better sharpness and resolution. Stay tuned for the next installment of John experiments with 110 format film!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god. Are you collect the carmera? How many do you have?

    Jae,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jae! I have way too many cameras but it was an accident. I never intended to be a camera collector. It just kind of happened. I already gave a couple away and I plan to sell a few but in the mean time I am having lots of fun with them.

      Delete