Saturday, March 22, 2014

“One Roll – One Week,” or “A Week in the Life” of a Film Shooter



In my last blog post I talked about the cool little 35mm Olympus Stylus Point & Shoot camera and I ended the post with a question, “what about the pictures?”

Well, just about the time I put the first roll of film into this little jewel my buddies at “RAW Live,” an active Facebook group for photographers came out with a challenge for everyone to shoot one roll of film in one week to try to capture a “Week in the Life” on a roll of film. 

The photo above is one of my favorites from the week long challenge and shows that the Stylus has no problem with colors or exposures although I have noticed a slight tendency, at least with the 400 film I used so far, towards overexposure. This is usually not a problem with Kodak Portra but could be a problem with other films, especially transparency or slide film.

I was out dress shopping with my wife and saw this most amazing chair. I just couldn’t resist sitting in it (did I mention my feet and back both hurt by this time!) and asking her to take the shot. I really wanted her in the chair and the picture but these days she’s not usually a willing model. She says she looks like a Grandma so you’re stuck with Gram paw in the photo instead.

In any case I am pretty happy with my $7 point & shoot camera so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment