Saturday, September 20, 2014

"Pick of the Litter"



Here’s the next installment in the continuing adventures of me and my Holga WPC. In my last post I briefly explained a little about my initial experiences with this amazing camera shooting with Kodak Portra 400 color film. I took a total of six shots and they all came out. That is, the exposures were correct. Out of the six there were four “keepers.” The other two are okay but the compositions didn’t turn out as I had hoped.

The photograph above is my favorite of the four keepers. This is actually the reason I went to visit the Chalmette Battlefield where the Battle of New Orleans was fought in 1815. I had been there previously and taken an incredible shot of the monument with my digital camera. I was hoping to duplicate the image with the Holga WPC but the sky was overcast and rainy so the lighting was all wrong. I went off to take some shots of the canons instead. Eventually I turned around to behold what you see above. 

This was not the image I went there to get but sometimes serendipity provides a better reward. I can’t wait to see what else this camera can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment