Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vivitar V3800N is a Good Shooter


Here’s a picture of my son Ian I took using my new Christmas present. Of course the lenses are the same ones I have been using but the Vivitar V3800N body offers some features my other bodies don’t have, like depth of field preview, multiple exposures, and a PC connection allowing a flash to be triggered without using the hot shoe.

This one was shot with Portra 400, using the 135mm lens at f4 and 1/500.

My only complaint about this used camera so far is that the light meter stays on all the time. The switch in the shutter button must be broken so that unless I loosen the battery retainer screw enough to break electrical contact when I’m not using the camera the batteries will drain completely in just a few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment