Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Results Are In


Here’s a shot of Tony the “Camo Cat” nearly blending into the background. This one taken with Portra 400 in the Vivitar V3800N body with a 135mm lens set at f5.6 and 1/125.

The results of my investigation into the possibility of getting “wet processed” or true analog prints to compare with prints produced from digital camera files or scans are in. It “ain’t” going to happen!

The only lab I found that still does that kind of prints is in Newcastle, England and I am not 100% sure even about them. Either way I am not planning on sending my film back and forth halfway across the planet to get analog prints.

So where do I go from here? Well, I’m still going to shoot some slower (read that higher resolution) film to compare against the ISO 400 film I have been using and the digital pictures I take. I just got some Kodak Portra 160 and some Ektar 100. One of the main advantages of the Portra is according to Kodak it is specially designed for scanning the negatives.

I can’t wait to see the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment