Monday, March 26, 2012

Green!


“Green” means different things to different people and “Green” is the theme of The Darkroom’s (my film processor of choice these days) latest photo contest.

For some “Green” is associated with ecologically sensitive. For others it elicits visions of spring flowers and the greening of lawns & trees at this time of year.

My first thought for a photo to submit in this contest was a big burly red headed Irishman stripped from the waist up and painted all over with vivid green body paint, hoisting a cabbage in one hand and brandishing a pitcher of green beer in the other, against a background of the Saint Patrick’s Day parade and captured in vibrant Kodachome color.

Unfortunately the very last roll of Kodachrome film was processed last year and I never made it to the Saint Paddy’s Day festivities so I will have to settle for the photo above. This one shows Mr. Bee busy about his seasonal occupation on the beautiful wisteria clusters against a background of (yep, you got it) green!

Shot on Ektar 100 film with my Vivitar V3800N body using the 135mm f2.8 Pentax lens set at f8 and 1/125, this picture captures the essence of the “spring –e-ness” that is now invading my yard.

This is my first experiment with the Ektar and I'm pretty impressed so far. Beautiful colors!



No comments:

Post a Comment