Saturday, August 4, 2012

Another Photo Contest



Every now and then you have to step out and do something different so I decided to do a couple things I “never” do. Just for a change of pace I used Picasa to create the picture above from a color digital photo taken with the Nikon P-300. And, if that’s not radical enough I submitted it in a photo contest (another thing I almost never do) being held by the Louisiana Renaissance Festival. As you may have guessed the photo was taken at the festival last year.

Picasa allowed me to take what was actually a pretty poor photo and significantly improve the uneven lighting to the point where it was promising. The sepia tone and vignetting effects add to the mystery & charm of the composition by focusing attention of the subjects, the Queen and Baron.

As for the contest, that outcome remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment