Thursday, August 9, 2012

Drive-by Photography!


Have you ever driven by something that caught your eye and you said, “I wish I had a camera with me.” Well the easy way to solve that problem is to have a camera with you. I did the other day when I was driving past the United States Sports Academy in Mobile, Alabama, and noticed the sculpture shown in the photo above.

This one was shot with the Fuji FinePix Real 3D WD camera. That’s not normally the camera I carry around for photo ops but it happened to be with me and did the job nicely. You should see the 3D version of this shot! Too bad I can’t really post it on the blog.

Anyway, this brings me to my point. You never know when you will run across a photo op so whenever possible I try to always have a camera with me.  There are a number of compact film and digital cameras that can easily fit in a purse or pocket. You have to be careful with film cameras of course because at certain times of the year, at least where I live, it can get pretty hot, especially if you go off and leave it in a parked car. Even digital cameras suffer from intense heat that can build up in a closed car on a hot summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment