Friday, March 29, 2013

Bokeh



Here’s another shot of the azaleas taken last weekend with the K-01 through the 40mm f2.8 XS lens again set at f2.8, 1/80 and ISO@100. This remarkable lens allows you to focus as close as 15” and provides the dramatic bokeh effect usually seen only with much faster lenses.

The other thing you must remember is that since I only shoot jpegs with minimal if any post processing this remarkable color is all on the camera.  One more reason I am so fond of film is it provides great photos without the need for a lot of post processing. That said, most Pentax digitals and especially the K-01 produce excellent in-camera jpegs with great color.

Don’t get me wrong. I have great respect for photographers who spend hours at the computer processing their RAW files to get the most amazing photographs just as I admired the photographers of old who spent hours in the darkroom doing much the same thing. I am just not one of them. I did a little time in the darkroom and quickly decided I would rather be out taking pictures. Likewise, I spend much of my day working on the computer so modern post processing seems more like work than anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment