Sunday, March 24, 2013

Springtime in South Louisiana



“Spring has sprung!” One of the really great things about living here is the weather. Yeah, I know it’s hot in Summer but I consider it a small price to pay. Just look at these azaleas!

Here’s a photo of part of a 600’ long driveway at a friend’s place completely lined with blooming azalea bushes and oak trees.  It was taken with the Pentax K-01 at f2.8, 1/80 and ISO@100 using the excellent 40mm f2.8 XS lens.

 I was a little disappointed because we went there for a crawfish boil, hoping for more of the beautiful Spring-like weather we had been enjoying for the last several days. I packed my favorite color film and three of my film cameras including my new XA2 intending to make it a photo-shoot day but the morning started out foggy and misting and went downhill from there.  Fortunately there were no thunderstorms or it would have literally been a washout but the day long drizzle and misting made it gloomy and difficult to shoot.

We enjoyed the great food and company anyway and I managed to get a few shots with the K-01 during lulls in the weather and got a couple nice photos in spite of the gray day.


No comments:

Post a Comment