Friday, July 26, 2013

Breaking the Rules



Maybe I am finally becoming creative in my old age. After spending a half a century actively avoiding things like shooting onto the sun as I was taught by every book, pamphlet or instruction ever written on the subject of photography I am now doing just the opposite – with some interesting results.

Above is a shot of a bench in a clearing in the woods. Normally I would have walked around to the other side to get the sun to my back before taking the shot, but then the composition would have lost all interest.  Using one of my K-mount bodies loaded with Fuji Superia 400, I shot through a 50/1.7 Zeiss lens mounted on a CY/K adapter at about f4 and 1/60. 

My goal was to see if the Zeiss lens was a good as it is reputed to be. This photo does nothing to confirm or refute that supposition but it was a picture begging to be made so I indulged the moment and enjoyed the results very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment