Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pentax DA 40mm f2.8 XS Lens



I recently read a review of the Canon EF 40mm f2.8 STM Pancake lens that went on and on about how great this lens was. Well, I can’t say much about that because I have never used that lens but I can assure you that the Pentax DA 40 is one of the sharpest lenses I have ever had the pleasure to use. I got it along with my K-01 which is a pleasure to use as well, and that’s hard for me (as a film fan) to admit.

The shot above was taken in my garden on a pretty gray day. The lens was wide open at f2.8 with a shutter speed of 1/80 and ISO @ 200. One of the great things about using this lens on the K-01 is its ability to focus as close as 15” away from the subject allowing me to just kind of “stick” the camera out where it needs to be and compose the photo on the big bright viewing screen at arm’s length.

Here’s another example below.



No comments:

Post a Comment