Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Another Noteworthy Fire Hydrant



Here’s a shot I took a few weeks back at the Chalmette Battlefield with the Promaster 35mm using the 28mm lens. Kodak Portra 400 was the film but unfortunately I can’t remember what aperture and shutter settings I used.  I guess I am going to have to get a little notebook or something to jot that info down as I take pictures.

I really like the idea of shooting fire hydrants with landmarks or other noteworthy subjects in the background. It just kind of underscores the fact the fire hydrants are one of the most truly ubiquitous objects around.  The of course challenge is framing and composition. As much as I love trees I would really have liked to trim a few limbs in this picture. The Chalmette Monument sits just to the right of the Beauregard House, obscured by a couple tree limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment