Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What’s a Flickr?


One of the great things about living on the Gulf Coast is Magnolia’s. Here’s a shot taken with the Nikon P300 on auto at f5.5, 1/800 and ISO 160 for your viewing pleasure.

I am not ignorant of social media.  After all, I did “My Space” years ago and I’ve had a Facebook account now for almost as long. So I finally checked out Flickr. I kept hearing about it and wondering what it was all about. Turns out it’s kind of like Facebook for photographers. You don’t have to write or say anything. You just upload pictures and everyone gets to look at each other’s work. Of course you can comment on the photos, yours and others’ so it’s not totally wordless but if you would rather shoot & look at pictures than write or read then Flickr is for you.

I actually set up the account months ago but just went there to look at photos, one of my favorite things to do. In fact I try not to do it unless I have time to spare because I get hooked and end up spending hours looking at all the pictures.

Every time I logged on it would remind me that I hadn’t set up my profile yet and that I had not uploaded any pictures either so this week I finally did both. I uploaded one picture. Now it keeps reminding me that I have no Flickr friends so I guess now I will have to go figure out how to “connect” with other folks. So if you are already profiled, uploaded & connected on Flickr keep an eye out for me. I got some catching up to do but I’m coming on strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment