Monday, April 22, 2013

Flowers for Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day



Here’s a photo of a beautiful Iris taken with the Pentax K-01 at the Baton Rouge Botanical Gardens.  I’ve been looking for a colorful garden “type” location to shoot my pinhole camera photos next week for Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day (WPPD) and this could be the spot. I like to shoot color film with the pinhole camera but there really is no point unless you have a colorful composition.

Below is another shot of one of the many annual flower beds at the Botanical Gardens displaying the kind of colorful scene I was looking for.



Last year I shot Kodak Portra 160 for WPPD and I was pleased with the photos I took around my yard. Portra delivers deep soothing greens with lawn, trees & shrubbery making up most of my compositions but this year I want to include a more diverse color pallet.



No comments:

Post a Comment