Saturday, April 6, 2013

Happiness Is…



…sitting on the front porch on a beautiful Saturday afternoon watching Granny and the kids playing on the front lawn. Taken with the Pentax K-01 through the 40mm, f2.8 XS lens set at f4, 1/160, ISO@100.
I got my Easter (film) photos back from processing and was a little disappointed in the quality. Of course my local CVS did the processing and scanning because I was too impatient to send them to The Darkroom. I have used CVS before and they do okay but the scans are not nearly as good as The Darkroom’s.
The photo below shows my granddaughter Rachael and her friend Mattie “posin.” This is one of the shots taken with the Pentax ZX-30 using Kodak Portra 160.
 I find that Portra yields very pleasing if slightly subdued colors, sharp images and tight grain which is almost nonexistent in high resolution scans. If necessary it’s also available in 400 and 800 ISO, making it a good all purpose film that has become one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment