Saturday, August 6, 2011

About the Name

When I first considered shooting film again I went to the internet to do some research on the subject and found a wonderful blog www.IStillShootFilm.org by an American photographer living in Paris. I still visit her blog regularly to view the pictures and read the posts. I was inspired by her blog so at my son Ian’s suggestion I am starting one of my own and out of respect for the one that inspired mine, I have named it accordingly.

Now there is often confusion in English about the word “too.” You see there is the similar word “to” like when you go somewhere. Then there is the word “two” which simply means “twice” or the number 2, and then there is the word “too” which means also.

 Since when spoken they all sound exactly alike it is sometimes necessary to specify exactly which one you mean. So I differentiate them by saying, “to,” “two (twice),” or “too (also).”

So with all due respect to the original “I Still Shoot Film” I have called my blog
“I Still Shoot Film Too (Also),” but if you want to call it “I Still Shoot Film – 2 (twice)” that’s okay too (also), as long as you don’t get the URL messed up in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment