Monday, April 9, 2012

…or should we call them phone-cameras?


I posted a link to an article about the Nokia Pureview 808 41MP camera phone back in February and I freely admit that I continue to be impressed by the capability of the digital cameras that come with cell phones these days. Here is a shot of the kids enjoying the fruit of their labor right after the annual Easter Egg Hunt at my house.

This was taken with the 5MP camera in my Samsung Galaxy S. I noticed this idyllic scene and didn’t have my camera handy so I decided to capture it with the camera phone before the kids scattered (which of course they did just seconds after I took the picture). 

Although it doesn’t have a built in flash the camera in the Galaxy S easily captures beautifully clear pictures even in low light situations. My only complaint is that it frequently gets hung up while taking pictures and I have to re-boot the phone to get everything working again. I assume this is just another Android bug that will get worked out in the fullness of time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment