Saturday, April 28, 2012

Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day!


Here’s a picture of my very own home made pin hole camera just minutes after I completed it.

My adventure into the world of pinhole photography began last year when my son gave me a pinhole camera kit for my birthday.  I had been working on it here and there whenever I had a little time to spare but once I found out about Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day (WWPD) being held this year on April 29th, I decided to finally finish it so I could participate.

This event was organized for the first time back in 2001 and has become an annual world-wide celebration of pinhole photography. All over the world workshops and gatherings are organized to help people build and experiment with pinhole cameras. Pictures taken on the last Sunday in April are submitted to WPPD following the directions on the web site.

This is not a contest. Every picture is a winner and shows a unique composition the photographer thought was special enough to share it with the world.

By using the link below and visiting the web site you can find out more about WWPD and the world of pinhole photography. There are also eleven years (soon to be twelve) of pictures for you to enjoy in the web site galleries.


Soon I hope to have my own pinhole photographs to share with you here and with the world on the WWPD web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment