Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Portra 127 Lives!


Mark Twain is reported to have said that “the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.” Well I suppose the same may be said for Kodak’s Portra 127 film (ISO 160).

Perhaps I jumped the gun on this one blogging that Kodak Portra for 127 was no more when in the same week I got a note from The Darkroom saying they could not process my latest roll and couldn’t find any more film to buy from any of my usual sources. I even checked the Kodak web site and couldn’t find it. Of course, for those of you who have never visited Kodak on the web the organization of their site is somewhat mysterious, to me at least.

Anyway, I am exceedingly happy to report that not only has The Darkroom processed my 127 film but I have found my usual supplier restocked with the stuff! Happy days are here again!

The picture above was taken with my 40+ year old Brownie Bullet shooting Kodak Portra 160. I have only shot a couple comparison rolls in each camera but so far the Brownie 127 which is more like 50+ years seems to take much better pictures than the Bullet. Go figure!

This shot also adds to my “Feet” collection. This one was taken at the pool of the Battleship Inn in Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment