Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Brownie Revisited


The picture above showing the view from my hotel room in Mobile was taken with my 40+ year old Brownie Bullet shooting Kodak (127 Roll Film) Portra 160. For those of you who have read this blog from the beginning or maybe just skipped around and read some of my earliest posts you will realize that the Brownie Bullet was my very first camera.

I was 9 years old when I first got it and tripped all around the Gulf Coast for several years taking pictures with my little Brownie. I’m not really sure what ever happened to it. I suppose I just stopped using it at some point, probably because it was “old” and not “cool” anymore once the Instamatics took over the “snapshot” market in the late 1960’s. The truth is the fabulously popular 126 and the 110 Instamatics of the last 30-40 years of the 20th century never did take pictures as good as the old 127 Brownies.

Now that I’m old enough to not care anymore what is or is not “cool” I bought another Brownie Bullet and a Brownie 127 off Ebay and I’m enjoying playing with them again. I am amazed you can actually still find film for them and even more amazed at the pictures they take.



No comments:

Post a Comment