Monday, May 7, 2012

Pinhole Preview


Okay the results are in. Amazingly, all of my pinhole camera pictures came out – every one of them. Naturally some are better than others but the fact that my very first roll of film was a resounding success is incredibly satisfying.

The Darkroom processed the film and scanned it with the “holes” showing giving it kind of a trippy look. Now the hard part starts. I have to decide which one to submit to the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day (WPPD) web site.

The picture above showing a view of my front yard was one of the very first pictures I took.

I used Kodak Portra 160 film. The aperture of my pinhole camera is estimated to be f133 and I selected the correct shutter speed by using the light meter in my 35mm SLR to get a reading and then used a conversion table I found on the WPPD web site. From there I bracketed as I felt necessary.

I will post the actual WPPD as well selection as soon as I pick it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment