Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Oldies but Goodies!



Here’s a photo from my granddaughter Rachael’s first birthday. I have no idea what camera was used but the film was generic store brand 400 ASA color film and although it was exposed almost 12 years ago (Rachael will be 13 in a few weeks), I just had it developed last week.




Here’s another one with her eating her very first Birthday Cake!

I love finding old exposed film that you never know what’s on it or how old it is. Maybe I’m just getting old but it seems like there are fewer and fewer surprises anymore and we never seem to wait for anything. It’s all about instant gratification. One of the cool things about film is the waiting to see what you captured on the film. Waiting 12 years is a little much I’ll admit but it’s still exciting to find an old roll of film and have to wait and wonder what’s on it.

Of course The Darkroom (the lab I use) does all they can to minimize the wait. It usually takes only a day or two to get there (in the mail) and they generally post the scanned pictures on their web site the next day. It takes another couple days to get the film, prints & the CD back but by then I have already looked at and downloaded the scans from the web site.

These photos are a bit grainy (probably due to the cheap high speed film and God only knows what camera I used) but not too bad considering the film had to wait 12 years to be processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment