Friday, November 23, 2012

Boats & Beaches



Boats, almost any kind of boat, can make a great subject for a photo. Beaches are also great for photos. So a boat on a beach has just got to be an opportunity for a great shot.

This one was taken with the Nikon P-300 at f5.6, 1/1259, and ISO 160 during our walk on the beach last week. And yeah, I know it’s not film, but as I said a few posts back, as much as I love film cameras photography is really not about the camera. It’s about the pictures. I have not been able to find anything as handy and easy to take with you wherever you go as my little Nikon P-300.

Sometimes it’s not a question of using film or digital, it’s a question of having a camera in your pocket and taking a photo or just missing out on it altogether. There have been some quality film cameras in the past that could rival the P-300’s ability to be there (in your pocket) when you need it like the little Olympus Stylus Epic, but I haven’t been able to find one available for sale yet. If I ever do the P-300 may have some competition but until then I will continue to slip it into my pocket when I go out for a stroll and capture the shots that might otherwise have gotten away.



No comments:

Post a Comment