Friday, November 23, 2012

Fall Beaches




The great thing about going to the beach at this time of year is that you pretty much have the place to yourself. Here’s a shot I took with the Nikon P-300 shooting at f6.3, 1/1250 and ISO at 160. The color was a little washed out due to the intense sunlight so I used Picasa to tweak the color saturation and added a little Lomo action while I was at it.

I am kind of a purist and generally post processing on my photos is very little or none. I would rather spend the time & effort getting the composition and exposure the way I want it in the initial shot than spend much time at the computer trying to get it the way I want it later.

In any case this photo shows the beach where we were last week. As you can see it was almost empty. I say almost because there were a handful of folks sprinkled behind me but for the most part it was just us and the birds – beautiful,  a picture just begging to be taken!


No comments:

Post a Comment