Saturday, June 29, 2013

Holga Strikes Again



I was pretty well taken care of for Father’s Day. Among the gifts I received was a Holga pinhole camera, a lens adapter to allow me to use a Carl Zeiss 50/1.8 lens on any of my Pentax K-mount cameras, a Holga lens and a Holga pinhole lens, both of them for Pentax K-mount. 

I’ve wanted another pinhole camera for a while. The one I made from a kit my son gave me two years ago for Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day is great but it’s made from cardboard and won’t last forever. Besides the Holga pinhole camera shoots 120 roll film instead of 35mm film so the quality of the images should be dramatically better.

The first thing I did after opening my gifts was mount the Zeiss lens on one of my manual cameras and load it and the Holga pinhole camera with film and head out for a photo adventure. My goal of course was to test the pinhole camera and see if the settings I selected will yield the correct exposures and also check to see whether the lens adapter worked properly. With all that done, I sent the film off to be processed and moved onto the next adventure.

This past weekend I decided to try out the Holga lens on my Pentax K-01 and document the latest alien invasion of my back yard. As you can see from the image above it works quite well! Here’s another…



As far as I can tell these digital images looks just like they came from a real Holga camera with the same soft dreamy look and vignette effect in the corners and periphery. Of course I can also put this lens on any of my Pentax K-mount 35mm film cameras too. That will no doubt be the object of a future photo adventure.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment