Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Picasa



I’ve stated on more than one occasion that I do not do much post processing. In fact I generally resent having to do any post processing at all. I never liked darkroom work in the old film days and I don’t much like “Lightroom” work in these digital days. Still, every now and then it is nice to be able to give a rather ordinary photo a little shot of pizazz as in the one above.

This started out as a nice photo of a lovely flowering jasmine similar to many other ones I have taken of the bush in my yard. Enter Picasa! With a few quick adjustments we have a unique version of the same photo (below) that I started with.

“To digitally manipulate or not to digitally manipulate” an image, that is the question. My answer, “generally no, but on special occasions, yes!”  Just make sure it is indeed a special occasion!



No comments:

Post a Comment