Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Photographic Haiku




Back in the early 1970’s Rod Stewart taught us that “Every Picture Tells a Story,” but that isn’t always true. Certainly many portraits, landscapes and especially street photography can reveal epic tales but others, like the photograph above, merely hint at a thought, an idea or perhaps a feeling, kind of like a photographic haiku.

I can’t even tell you why I took this photograph. It suggested itself to me with great compulsion as I was walking by on my way to photograph another thing entirely and so I stopped and did what I had to do. I do not believe in coincidences so I trust this photograph will have meaning for someone who sees it. That person will think me a creative genius while the rest of us ponder the significance of a pile of horse shoes in the dirt on a summer afternoon.

This photograph was taken with the K-01 sporting a 28-80 zoom pretty much as you see it here. As I have noted elsewhere I am not one for a lot of post processing. I used Picasa to crop it and center it better and adjusted the color a bit. Since I spend much of my day working on a computer that’s about all I have the patience to do with photographs and the major reason I shoot jpegs instead of raw. I like to let the in-camera processing do the work for me. That’s also probably why I am so picky when it comes to cameras.


No comments:

Post a Comment