Tuesday, October 25, 2011

60 Year Old Camera Takes Great Pictures


A month or so ago I talked about the Brownie 127 I received for my birthday. The Brownie 127 is a really cool looking old camera that was made and sold mainly in Great Britain back in the 1950’s. That makes mine probably 60+ years old.

I finally got a chance to run a roll of Kodak Portra 160 through it and get processed. The results are amazing. Here’s just one of eight great pictures taken with this 60 year old camera.


The Kodak Brownie 127 takes eight pictures on roll of 127 film. The plastic lens is fixed at f14 and the shutter is set at 1/50 of a second. I have to give some credit to the Kodak Portra film which I am slowly coming to believe is one of the best films Kodak has ever produced and The Dark Room, as usual did a great job processing it

If you want to see what this little camera looks like check out my September 13th blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment