Friday, October 7, 2011

Holga B&W Film


I shot a roll of Holga 400 film and was somewhat disappointed with the results. It was very “contrasty” and in my opinion it doesn’t seem to be as light sensitive as an ISO 400 film should be. Here’s is one of the better shots of my son Ian and his girlfriend Sarah.


 
This was shot in the shade but it was early afternoon on a very bright sunny day (note the sunglasses). I would expect this kind of result from a much slower film, not and ISO 400 film. I have another roll that I will shoot in brighter conditions to see if I can get any more gray tones to emerge. If not I will probably move on to a different film for B&W shots with the Holga. 

Still, I really like this shot even though it was not at all what I was expecting and that is kind of what Holga is all about.

1 comment: