Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Digital Digs

I learned one thing for sure yesterday. If I am going to use a digital camera it has to have some kind of viewer. I was shooting some pictures with an Olympus FE310 of a ship that was being translated (moved over the ground) to the launch site. It was sheer luck that I got any decent pictures because I could not see the viewing screen at all while standing out in the bright sunshine.

Here’s one of the better shots. I had to step into the shade just so I could look at the screen and be sure the camera was even turned on. There was no way to compose the shot properly and forget using any of the cameras many on screen option menus.

This really isn’t an issue when using a DSLR because most things show up in the viewer and those that don’t are visible on the LED screen. This is a real challenge though when using a Point & Shoot with no viewer. I guess that’s just one more thing I will have to keep in mind as I continue to look for that “perfect” digital Point & Shoot. That also rules out my two top contenders to date, the Nikon P300 & S9100. Neither of them has a viewer.

Before you leave the blog, please consider leaving a comment or better yet, sign up as a follower by clicking the button on the right side. I know from the stats that I’m getting hundreds of hits on this blog but sometimes I feel like I’m just talking to myself because I have very few comments and just a couple followers. Please – let me know you’re out there. Tell me about some of your photographic adventures, ask a question or just leave a quick comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment