Monday, December 5, 2011

God Save the Queen!



Here’s a shot taken outside at dusk with the Nikon P-300 at the Louisiana Renaissance Festival. This living history festival is held every year for six consecutive weekends starting with the first weekend in November in the Renaissance Village of Albright, near the airport in Hammond, Louisiana. It’s an amazing event. For more info check out their web page at “www.larf.net”

For this shot of "Queen Elizabeth" the camera was on fully automatic. The selected ¼ second shutter speed was slow enough that everything not totally still was blurred while the image stabilization software helped me keep what was still looking sharp. I’m not sure I could have gotten this shot with my 35mm camera unless I had a tripod.

Once again this little camera continues to amaze me. Mary (my wife) was trying to get the same picture with the Pentax  ist DL, but fighting a sluggish auto-focus & shutter that seemed to be struggling to deal with the low light situation. The Nikon was just a bit slower to respond than usual but kept on taking pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment