Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Old is New Again!


Back on November 29th I posted an article on this blog about the Polaroid Model 300. I of course, had assumed that instant picture technology was long gone. Imagine my surprise to discover that not only was Polaroid still in business but that they had just released a new camera & film effectively resurrecting the whole instant picture thing.

Well, in addition to the new Vivitar 3800N body and the flash, Santa saw fit to bring me one of these little Polaroid gems for Christmas and I have been having lots of fun with it for the past few days. Imagine how cool it was taking a picture of my grandchildren (L to R, Claire, Mikey & Laurel) with it and then watching them watching the picture develop before their very eyes.

 
As I noted in my earlier post the pictures are very small; too small for any “serious” portrait or photography work but they are quite good enough to be a fun and entertaining way to delight oneself in photography. It’s just really cool to be able to not only see the picture instantly but to be able to give someone a print on the spot.

The only bad news is that so far I have only seen the cameras and film online.


No comments:

Post a Comment