Monday, December 19, 2011

iNtresting Neighbors!


Here’s a curious shot of one of my more interesting neighbors and the beginning of what I hope will be a collection of similar pictures of unusual and otherwise noteworthy (or should I say “picture-worthy) houses and buildings. I’m not sure exactly what this guy is trying to create here but needless to say this is not just your basic suburban ranch style home.

This picture was taken with my Promaster 35mm through a 135mm Pentax lens at f8 and 1/250 second using Kodak Portra 400 film.

Below is another shot from a slightly different angle to take in some of the things obscured by the landscape in the first picture.

 
This one was taken with the Nikon P-300 set on full automatic. It is interesting that in spite of my contention and continued belief that the film camera provides superior pictures this digital shot actually appears to have better color saturation (although the first shot has a more accurate color rendering), grain and sharpness.

There are some possible reasons for this that I must ponder and investigate further. I hope to be able to share this information on the blog as soon as I am more certain of the facts.

Stay tuned…



2 comments:

  1. Kim and I saw a house like this in the Gonzales area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One and the same - there couldn't possibly be more than one of these!

    ReplyDelete