Monday, December 26, 2011

Santa Shows Up at My House!


Both the Promaster and Vivitar 35mm SLR bodies I bought last summer have proven to take great pictures but both show a tendency to misfeed the film when advancing from frame to frame, especially when using 36 exposure rolls of film. This is one reason why I was so excited to see a Vivitar 3800N body under the tree for Christmas. 

This is Vivitar’s current version and in addition to all the features shared with my two older bodies it also includes multiple exposure capability, a self-timer, depth of field preview and a jack for plugging in an electronic flash so you don’t have to always use the hot shoe for flash photography.  

I also got a Vivitar 2400 flash unit for Christmas. This light compact unit has a guide number of 12 and provides just enough power for most all the “usual” kind of snap shots that present themselves that do not require the power of the much larger and unwieldy Promaster 5750DX unit I have been using. The 5750DX has enough power to really “reach out and touch” subjects up to 75 feet away but is so big and bulky I never seem to have it with me when I need it. My new flash is so small & light I can easily carry it with me where ever I go.

Naturally the first thing I did was to load up with film and start taking pictures. Stay tuned for the results…

No comments:

Post a Comment