Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pen & Ink Photos?


I read an article a while back in Shutterbug magazine about using post processing software to manipulate digital images to create pictures that simulate a pen & ink drawing. I don’t know much about post processing software by I got a free copy of Picasa to experiment with and created the picture above.

The following picture is what I started with.


I over exposed it slightly. Then using Picasa I converted it to black & white and took a couple runs through the contrast & highlight functions to increase the contrast and try to make it look like a pen & ink drawing. I’m pretty sure there is better software out there but I’m pretty pleased with my first attempt. This might be something worth looking into further, especially on those winter nights when it’s just too dark & cold to go out and take new pictures.  I can stay in and just mess around with the old ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment