Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Loving Film A Little Too Much!


Here’s my “Cat of the Week” shot of Miss Brindle kicking back on the driveway. Taken with Kodak Portra 160 film using the Pentax 135mm f2.8 lens with my new 2X teleconverter attached. I just got the teleconverter and was trying it out. So far I’m pretty happy with the results although since I am principally an existing light photographer I do begrudge the light I lose in the exchange.

So how can you love film too much? Well, I know I sometimes obsess about photography and you guys know I love film – right? But there is a limit even to how much I love film. I ran across this article on “www.popphoto.com” the other day (June 1, 2012) by Stan Horaczek, entitled “Photography Students Eat Film, Make Beautiful Pictures.”


Stan’s article says, “They each actually swallowed some film and then let it pass through their bodies. There's an X-ray image that shows the piece of film in there. Then they, um, collected the film in the dark and actually went through the development process.”

According to Stan they got some interesting and beautiful images.   Unfortunately I just can't past the image of them "collecting the film in the dark!"


No comments:

Post a Comment