Monday, June 4, 2012

My Favorite Photo from the 2012 WPPD Gallery


The last of the photos were submitted for the 2012 Gallery of the Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day on May 31st, to make up a total of 3,882 images by as many photographers from 74 different countries around the world. I think I have looked at most of them at least once as I went to the web site every few days and reviewed the newest uploads.

I confess to being partial to the color photos although there are many excellent black & white photos as well, and the variety of pinhole cameras used to create this collection of art is nothing short of astonishing. From matchbox cameras put together with black tape and pinholes in pieces of aluminum foil to custom made, one of a kind, pinhole cameras that are themselves works of art and everything in between was used to make the photos in this amazing gallery. You really owe it to yourself to visit the web site and experience them first hand at the following link.


I submitted my pinhole photo to the WPPD web site earlier in May and shared it with you here on the blog on May 13th in my post entitled “WPPD Pinhole Photo Submission.” When I went to the gallery to see my photo my eye was immediately drawn to another photo submitted about the same time that displayed on the same page with mine.

In spite of the other 3,881 images submitted I kept coming back to the one above, because of its haunting beauty, soft lines and intense colors. I contacted Eddie Mallin of County Kildare, Ireland. He is the photographer who created and submitted the photo and was gracious enough to give his permission for me to share it with you on this blog. You can see both his photo and mine at the following link.


Eddie also has a photo stream on Flickr you can explore using the following link.

No comments:

Post a Comment