Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas to Me!!!



Clearly my family has me figured out, at least when it comes to gifts that please. The photo above shows a few of the Christmas presents I received this year. First there is what may just be the best digital camera (to date) on the market – for me anyway, the Pentax K-01.

This little gem is one of the new hybrid interchangeable lens cameras that has Pentax’s latest state of the art APS-C digital sensor, a host of really cool features, and if that weren’t enough; for those of us invested in Pentax lenses and accessories it is backwards compatible with and accepts all legacy lenses with a “K” mount or even the screw mount with an adapter.

In addition I got a Recesky TLR kit. This is the famous “build it yourself” all plastic twin lens reflex camera that shoots 35mm film and is renowned for its “toy camera” look & performance. I always wanted a TLR and have often considered either one of these are the “Blackbird Fly” version which comes already put together. This is another excellent project (like the pin hole camera kit I got last year) for those days when the weather keeps me inside looking for something photographic to do.

…and finally, there is a photo journal, a little book with lots of room for photos and comments to document my efforts – kind of an analog blog – you know, on paper, the way it used to be done!

Needless to say I will be writing a lot more about each of these on future posts so just consider this a teaser for things to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment