Friday, December 7, 2012

ZX-30 Keeps On Shining



Early last month I put a roll of Velvia 100 in my new (to me) Pentax ZX-30, and my son and I went to a far land (about 30 minutes away) on a photo safari. What you see above is another of those photos. This one shows the Ascension Parish Courthouse in the background and the Veterans Memorial in the foreground.

I could not be more delighted with this camera and film combination. I don’t think there were any bad pictures on the roll. This marks my 10th blog post (I counted them) from this single roll of film. Each post has featured one or two photos and there are still a couple more I would like to share with you. I definitely got my money’s worth this time.

Really the only down side to this experience is that since the ZX-30 is such a pleasure to shoot in the automatic mode I didn’t even bother to note the exposure settings.  This is unfortunate since I also took many of the same shots with my Nikon P-300 (I almost always have it in my pocket these days) and it would have been interesting to compare the settings used by the two cameras for the same photos.  Maybe next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment