Friday, May 3, 2013

Faking it!



Last weekend I participated in Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day. The shot above was taken at the nearby Botanical Gardens where I shot most of my pinhole photos. This is not one of them of course. I am still waiting for the film to be processed but in the meantime we can enjoy this shot which was taken at the same time with the Pentax K-01 with a little Lomo action added in post processing to make it more interesting.

To some folks this is art and one of the great things about digital photography. To me it just seems like faking it. This image might well turn out to be my favorite pinhole photos when I get the film back from processing. Until then I can easily just fake it with digital!

Now you guys know I also shoot digital and I am truly impressed with my digital camera’s ability to produce high quality technically perfect images at the push of a button. They do seem a bit soul-less to me at times however. I suspect that’s one reason why so many digital photographers shoot RAW and then get creative and become an artist in post processing.

Although I really like the photo above I can’t wait to get my pinhole photos back and hope to be able to share them with you in a few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment