Saturday, May 11, 2013

Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day (WPPD) Submission



Last week I posted a photo taken with my Pentax K-01 at the same time and place as my WPPD pinhole photos and said that the pinhole version of that one would likely be my favorite. I got my developed film back and guess what - it is. 

The shot shown above is the one I started out with. It was taken with a home-made cardboard pinhole camera that I put together for last year’s WPPD. It has an aperture of approximately f133 and loaded with a roll of 35mm Kodak Ektar 100 I exposed this frame for approximately 2 seconds.

The Darkroom processed the film for me with the sprocket holes showing which I think is kind of cool. If you’re not a fan of the sprocket holes then the one below is for you. I simply cropped it in Picasa and this is the one I ended up posting on the WPPD web site gallery. The photo I posted last year had the sprocket holes so I decided to do something different this year.



Most folks seem to shoot black & white for WPPD but for pinhole photos I really like color and this year I wanted even more color so I used Ektar 100 and went to the nearby Botanical Gardens. Overall I’m pretty happy with the results. 

Check it out (#2104) with the link below and while you’re there check out some of the other ones too.



No comments:

Post a Comment