Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Slow Week for Photography


Not a whole lot to blog about this week. My schedule and the weather minimized my opportunities to take pictures even though I have a Holga and another Brownie (both birthday presents) to shoot test rolls with.

I did load the Holga up with some Kodak Portra 400 and take a couple shots. Hopefully I’ll get to finish the roll this weekend. The Brownie will have to wait for now.

I know I said I wasn’t going to tape up the Holga for the first roll but after reading more about it I realized that the little red plastic window on the back doesn’t really work for modern films so I taped it up and only open it up when I am advancing the film. I also put a couple pieces of tape on the back because the latches that hold it on kept sliding and I was afraid it would come off. Light leaks are one thing but the back coming off is quite another.

I got some pictures back from The Dark Room that were taken a while back.  Here’s one of my favorites, and yes, it has a fire hydrant in it!




This one was shot on Portra 400 with the Vivitar body using the 50mm lens set at f8. I don’t recall the shutter speed but it was likely 1/125 or 1/250.

I took this same shot yesterday with the Holga. It will be interesting to compare the two when I get the Holga pictures back.

No comments:

Post a Comment