Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The 35mm Lens That Got Away


 
I had been eyeing a Pentax, 35mm, f2.8 SMC lens for a while on www.KEH.com. In fact I guess I eyed it a little too long so by the time my wife went to order it for my birthday it was gone. Let that be a lesson to any of you who may be considering following in my footsteps and acquiring your own film camera equipment. They’re not making any more of this stuff and when its gone its gone.

One of the many reasons I went with Pentax was because there seemed to be more of it available than other brands and it is almost all interchangeable, certainly the K-mount stuff is. However, I quickly realized that unless I wanted to shell out $300+ for a 35mm f2 lens there just weren’t anymore 35mm lenses in excellent or better condition to be had.

I had never shot with a 28mm lens but I had friends that swore by them so that was my second choice. Coincidentally, KEH happened to have one, an f2.8, in excellent condition – Happy Birthday to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment