Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feet!


In an earlier post I spoke about my fondness for pictures of fire hydrants. I do hope to rebuild my collection of fire hydrant photos but I have recently become infatuated with another idea. Feet! No, I don’t have a foot fetish. I just happened to take a picture of my front yard from the porch I was sitting on one foggy morning and my propped up feet were included in the picture.

That gave me an idea. How about a series of pictures with my feet in repose at various locations, perhaps even all over the world? Of course the trick is to find interesting compositions of unique locations or situations where I can prop my feet up and casually take a picture. So here is the first of many to come – hopefully!

This one was shot with a 28mm lens set at f4 and 1/60 using Portra 400.

Oh, and by the way - happy Valentines Day!
 



2 comments:

  1. Hi John! I find your blog quite interesting and I do enjoy your photography. My sons, Christopher and Adam both have an interest in photography and hope to start their own business someday. Adam is my more "artistic" son and his photography can sometimes be quite interesting. LOL! I believe you and Christopher have shared a bit online regarding your interest in photography. I am truly blessed by your blog and photography ideas. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvette, Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I do seem to get quite a few hits on the blog but it's always more encouraging to actually hear from folks. I started this to give me something to do when I'm sitting in hotel rooms alone at night and I really enjoy doing it. I haven't seem much from Adam but Chris is very talented and I'm looking forward to seeing some more of his work soon. I just got some more really neat pictures back from the lab and will be posting some soon to stay tuned!!!

    ReplyDelete