Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fungus!


Yeah, that is exactly what it looks like. I can’t remember the settings but it was taken on Kodak Portra 400 with the Vivitar 3800 body using the Pentax 135mm lens.

One thing I have noticed from looking at pictures I really like taken by other photographers is that while I have a kind of knack for taking portraits and pictures of people in general or even animals, when it comes to shots of inanimate objects or landscapes I don’t do nearly as well. I seem to always be trying to get the whole scene in rather than focusing on one significant part of the scene. Now scenes are great for recording events but I think I need to work on developing the ability to “see” the picture within the scene and zoom in and focus on that instead of the whole.

For those of you who may be struggling with the same kind of thing thing I will try to find a good example of what I am talking about and show you the “big picture” and then the “picture within the picture.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment