Monday, February 13, 2012

Holy Fire Hydrant!


This fire hydrant stands as a lonely sentinel watching over the church in the background. As you know from earlier posts I am very fond of the ubiquitous fire hydrant as a photo subject. This shot was taken using the Canon Snappy loaded with Fuji color 200 film last summer.

More good news headlines today! Ricoh, who bought Pentax last year announced that it is turning over its camera division to Pentax to run. With Canon and Nikon announcing their newest entries into the digital camera market I can’t wait to see what Pentax comes up with next. Maybe they will finally come up with a DSLR that even I can love.




2 comments:

  1. Who would have thought? Fire hydrants! :-) Very interesting.... Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yvette! I really like fire hydrants. I started shooting them back in the '70's and at one time (before Katrina) had a collection from all over Europe. They are everywhere but invisible to most folks because they ARE everywhere. I have several blog posts with cool looking fire hydrants in them including a picture of one really old fire hydrant in New Orleans that dates back to 1868.

    ReplyDelete