Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Christmas Photos Developed



Yes, I finally got the film I shot at Christmas-time developed. Here’s a shot of the Grand kids getting ready for bed so Santa could come. The photo above was actually taken with the Nikon P-300 digital camera but I put it up first so I could show you the difference between this and the one below taken with the Pentax ZX-30 shooting Kodak Gold 200 film.



Here’s Granny with the Grand kids (she was ready for bed too) in “eye popping” Kodacolor. I am putting together a more in depth analysis of the virtues of Kodak Gold 200 but for now just compare the colors in these two photos. Both are really great but there’s no doubt why Kodak films “owned” the family snapshot market for most of the last century.

I have other Christmas photos to share with you in later posts (you know how I love to string these things out with my editorial comments along the way) but here’s a couple to whet your appetite.  By the way, for the photo-techno types, both of these were taken with the cameras set on auto using the on board flashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment