Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Up, Up & Away!

I just happened to be driving down the street when the above balloon was launched and started drifting slowly over the house tops. Naturally I had the Nikon P-300 in my pocket so I was able to pull over, jump out and grab this shot as it went by.

This photo was taken at f5.5, 1/1600 and ISO 160 at an equivalent (35mm) focal length of 100mm and then cropped a bit in Picasa to get it centered properly.

Again, more evidence that whatever camera you happen to have at hand when "the shot" appears is the right camera and a good argument for having (at least) one handy at all times.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, that's a great shot! Never been able to see one in person, lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe you will get lucky next year. The Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales is the new home of the annual Hot Air Balloon Festival.

      Delete